Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] My theme and website has dissappeared completely after upgrade and change of

Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:29 PM
kevandali

26 posts · Jul 2009
I upgraded to the latest Wordpress available and everything was fine, then i noticed there was another atahualpa theme listed in my theme options and for some reason,(please don't ask me why?) i clicked activate.

When I clicked on my site I got a load of warning messages but now I can't get onto my site at all.
The site took me ages to set up as i am not very technical and its so important as its for my wifes fundraising raising money for cervical, Breast and ovarian cancer.

Any ideas at all really appreciated as just in a state of panic at the moment and not a clue what to try. if i could get onto the site I assume I could just click on the original Atahualpa theme and everything would be great again?

Please help me if you can.

Kev
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:52 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You will have to FTP to the site and then delete the theme version you activated. But before you do anything can you list the items that are in the wp-content/themes folder? Or if you send me a PM with FTP login info I will take a look.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 01:21 AM
kevandali

26 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Miles, in my Wordpress/themes folder is Atahualpa, classic, default and twentyten plus an index php file. There was another Atahualpa 63 something but was deleted. My problem is that because I can't get to my site at all I cannot change the theme but also I have a horrible feeling that I have broken the site a lot worse than a simple theme change?

I will PM you my Ftp login and if you could take a look then that would be great, more than great actually, I must just learn to leave things alone!!!

cheers

Kev
Old Mar 1, 2011, 04:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you use an ftp program and go into the Atahualpa folder and rename the 'index.php' that is there (not the 'index.php' that is in the 'themes' folder) to 'indexold.php, then wordpress will switch back to the Twenty-ten theme. Then re activate atahualpa 3.5.3

You probably activated the 3.6.x version and hit the 'suhosin' issue. You should have been able to just stitch to another theme at that point (in the backend)

This is one of the reasons I do manual installs and give the theme folder the version name, like atahualpa353 or atahualpa364. You can have multiple copies of the theme and they all show up in the theme switcher. Once the new version works, you can go back and delete the old version. (after you done a backup of course and when you do a backup, make sure to backup the theme folder you are going to delete just in case you forgot that you made a change to something that is in it...)
Old Mar 1, 2011, 04:07 PM
kevandali

26 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for the advice, would the Atahualpa folder be in Wordpress-content? as I can't see a folder other than the one in themes, sorry to be a pain, wish I was more Atahualpa/Wordpress savvy!!!
cheers
Kev
Old Mar 1, 2011, 04:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The atahualpa code is in the 'atahualpa' folder (atahualpa)
which is in the 'themes folder (themes/atahualpa)
which is in the 'wp-content' folder (wp-content/themes/atahualpa)
which is in the folder where you installed wordpress
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:47 AM
kevandali

26 posts · Jul 2009
I managed to rename the file but got a holding page displayed, contacted the hosting people and they said you have changed the index file in your public.htm filder to indexold, change it back and it should be ok. Changed it back and exactly the same.

Is there any other way I can get my site back so I can get the Atahualpa theme back to normal.

Thanks for the help

Kev
Old Mar 2, 2011, 04:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
There are many files named index.php, did you rename the one in the 'atahualpa' folder or another folder?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 08:27 AM
kevandali

26 posts · Jul 2009
I renamed the correct folder that is in the themes folder but nothing happened, I have now got a website that appears but just gives me a lot of warnings. If you take a look at www.womenvcancer.co.uk you will see that there is no way I can actually get onto my site to begin to try and sort it.

I am thinking it might be a wordpress thing but to be honest, I haven't a clue were to begin, as always any help at all much appreciated.

Kev
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:12 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I was able to get into your site. There were a lot of files missing but you should be able to login now.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:59 AM
kevandali

26 posts · Jul 2009
My website is back! Don't know what you did but thank you so much!

Not sure how to organise it so that I have all my files that are needed but will cross that bridge at a later date.
Thanks so much for everyones help

Kev