Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] PLEASE HELP!! Website down after upgrade!!

Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:58 AM
pinkpugsy00

10 posts · Jul 2012
[SOLVED] PLEASE HELP!! Website down after upgrade!!

Ok, so I did something silly. After updating the other day, my footer reverted since I had changed it in the code itself. I was editing the new code for xxxxxxxxxxxx and had a copy of the original on notepad but I hadn't saved it yet. I updated my edited code, got an error, so went back to replace it with the original code. But notepad was frozen!! I couldn't copy or paste anything. I know I should have saved it before actually editing code, but I didn't this time. I have a backup at home but I can't even get into my site to change it. Currently, I still have the theme editor up on my work computer (so it's editable) but I'm missing the entire code for the footer. Can anyone PLEASE give me those original lines? Or is there any way to find them? My site is for my business and it's very important that I have it up and running!!! Thank you!!

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
love to help you, there are direction in the gold forum tutorials for removing the credit links

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:52 PM
pinkpugsy00

10 posts · Jul 2012
Hi, my problem isn't actually related to removing the "Powered by Atahualpa.." part of the code. I still have that in there. I was editing the part right after that and that's what I'm missing now. I have:

[removed by moderator]

But everything else is what I accidentally deleted. Is there any way to find out what the rest of the code was?

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 4, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 01:01 PM
pinkpugsy00

10 posts · Jul 2012
Oh dear, now it won't even let me into my editor anymore. What can I do???
Old Sep 4, 2012, 02:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Install a new copy of the php code you edited
Old Sep 4, 2012, 02:49 PM
pinkpugsy00

10 posts · Jul 2012
Do I just replace that file (---.php) from cpanel's file manager with the backed up one? The only problem is that I think my backed up one is from before I updated to the new Atahualpa yesterday. Is that ok?

Last edited by pinkpugsy00; Sep 4, 2012 at 02:53 PM.