Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Right sidebar and footer disappeared in single post page

Old Nov 4, 2011, 05:52 PM
raymasa

8 posts · Nov 2011
Hello all,

Just started using Atahualpa theme (version 3.7.1). I am amazed how good it is. Still getting to understand it, but so far love it.

Did run into an issue. I have a right sidebar and footer, which shows up on all pages and posts, except for the single post page, on which neither the right sidebar, nor the footer is showing.

In the options page, for sidebar, all check boxes are selected for the right sidebar, including Single Post check box. Still the sidebar (and footer) do not appear there.

As a test, I enabled the left sidebar and moved all the widgets to that. The left sidebar does show up on all pages, including the single post page.

I have read the post for similar problem with WP ecommerce (which I am not using) and followed the directions there, but that didn't help. Of course, I am not using WP ecommerce, so I suspect that solution wouldn't have worked.

I also deactivated all the plugins to see if any of them were affecting this, but no solution there either. I am using the following plugins:

- All in One SEO Pack
- Contact Form 7
- Dean's FCKEditor For Wordpress
- Events Manager
- Google Analytics for WordPress
- s2Member
- WP-UserLogin

There are other plugins in the directory, but they are deactive.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks,

Ray
Old Nov 4, 2011, 06:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Can you supply a link to the site? Does this happen on all single post pages?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 07:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This generally happens because of something funky in the last post or the one after that. Most times it is because someone does a copy and paste from a word document and picks up all the word formatting which causes Wordpress to throw an error.

Go in and set the last post on the page to draft mode, if that doesn't fix it, try the post earlier by date and make it a draft and see if the page displays correctly. If it does, strip all formatting from the post.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 08:44 PM
raymasa

8 posts · Nov 2011
Hi lmilesw and juggledad,

Thank you for your responses. I was able to fix the issue, it was my own fault. I was trying to turn off commenting feature, which I did in wordpress discussion, but was still getting the “comments are closed” text in the single post. So after reading a solution on the forum, I went to comments.php in the theme to turn that off, which I did, but messed something up (not sure what), which also made the right sidebar and footer to disappear. I didn’t notice that at the time I was working on comments.php. Anyway, I went through all the changes I made, and was able to figure out where the problem was. I replaced changed comments.php file with the original file and then went back and turned off the “comments are closed” text.

Everything is now working.

Thanks again for the responses, and more importantly for a great theme. So far, very happy with it.

Thanks,

Ray