Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Using Custom template and sub-template

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:50 AM
rick9004

3 posts · Oct 2010
Using Custom template and sub-template

I have a copy of the PAGE template that is my main custom page template. I created two sub templates to house my header and footer. In the page I select my virtual template. Then in the custom template I add these statements:

<?php bfa_get_template_part('newheader'); ?>

<?php bfa_get_template_part('newfooter'); ?>

They do not display either header or footer. The main custom template however is working, I know that it is being displayed.

I have tried all sort of variations and checking the spelling of the name. I look at the code for this function and off hand do not see anything wrong.

Either I've got the function call wrong or there is something else that need to be set to get sub-templates to display