Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

problem with FAVICON in3.6.4

Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:19 PM
LavenderLuz

2 posts · Mar 2011
I built my new site (http://profilesthatgetpicked.com) a month ago and my custom favicon was working fine.

I happened to check last night and it's no longer there in either Firefox or IE. I followed the Atahualpa favicon directions to upload the file to my cpanel and name it in my dashboard, but still no favicon.

I am using version 3.6.4.

The header.php correction suggested at the very beginning of this thread was already in place in my code. But the css.php suggestion wasn't so I added it. But still no favicon.

Ideas how I can get back what was once working?

Thank you.

(Oh, and I should mention that I am not a techie and I am completely self-taught in site-building.)
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not sure what you mean by "upload it to my cpanel" and "name it in my dashboard" but you said this was working so that may be moot. Can I safely assume you had not added any plugins or made and changes on the site between the time you saw it and now?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:37 PM
LavenderLuz

2 posts · Mar 2011
lmilesw:

Atahualpa's Add a Favicon directions say: "To use your own graphic, upload a your-file-name.ico to /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/favicon/
That's what I mean by uploading my custom favicon to my cpanel.

And the directions say: "Put the file name of the favicon here."
That's what I mean by naming it in my dashboard.

I know I am not using the correct terminology.

And it is NOT working. I said that the first part of the bug fix mentioned at the beginning of the thread was already in place and that I'd put the second part of the bug fix mentioned at the beginning of the thread in place. But the favicon hasn't appeared.

Correct on not making any changes, plugin or otherwise, on site since I last saw my favicon.

Thanks for being willing to help me out.

STB: I don't know how to declare favicons in the theme. Is there a step-by-step you can point me to? I see the code you suggest putting in, but I'm not sure where to do so...? And I'm not sure what you mean by having the favicon in my site's root?

I've already got the file as favicon.ico.

But I tried making another one from DynamicDrive and am unable to download it correctly. After I download it, my computer shows an old .ico that was already on it. I can't seem to get the new favicon to show. Grrr.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Another option is to use a plugin such as this one.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:50 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
And I would suggest dumping the browser cache. Sometimes all is well, but the browser is still showing a pre-correction version.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:17 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by STB
...but also adds a commercial advertisement link in your footer
And there is a setting to turn it off.