Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Unable to Re-Create New Widget Area after deleting it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:03 PM
GILSAN

45 posts · Mar 2010
Madeira Island - Portugal
[SOLVED] Unable to Re-Create New Widget Area after deleting it

Hi,

My website is www.acvideo.org
I'm using WordPress 3.0.1 and ATA v3.5.3

I spent several hours trying to add a New Widget Area to be placed on the right half of the Logo Bar area after removing the Search Box, the Posts and Comment Feed by doing the following:

ATA » Style & Edit HEADER AREA » Configure Header Area and added the following code:

%logo <?php bfa_widget_area('name=Logo_Widget_Area&cells=1&ali gn=1&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="logo-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?> %bar1 %image %bar2 %pages

So the New Widget Area was created but I couldn’t get the Text widget to place itself on the right half of the Logo Bar area. It kept going below the Logo.

After many experiments I ended up creating several new unwanted widget areas (Apearance » Widgets). I then decided to delete these (Add New Widget Areas » Delete custom Widget Areas and Deleted the checked Widget Areas) and try to start all over, but now I’m NOT able to re-create a New Widget Area even though I'm using the same procedure as above.

Your help would be greatly appreciated