Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to override CSS in widget "Text" ??

Old Mar 1, 2009, 01:29 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
I'm old-fashioned. I think that a list of links should be normal weight, blue, underlined. So I created some in HTML code and pasted that into a Widget "Text" on the sidebar. But it displays as the theme's default color, bold, no underlining.

Is there some way I can force these links to display the way I've coded them?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 03:40 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can access, through HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts:

all text widgets

HTML Code:
div.widget_text a:link,
div.widget_text a:active,
div.widget_text a:visited,
div.widget_text a:hover {
color: #123456;
font-weight: normal;
text-decoration: underline;
}
a specific text widget:

HTML Code:
div#text-368010091 a:link,
div#text-368010091 a:active,
div#text-368010091 a:visited,
div#text-368010091 a:hover {
color: #123456;
font-weight: normal;
text-decoration: underline;
}
The ID text-368010091 is different for each text widget, and yours will most likely have another number. You'd have to look this up in the source code of the browser-rendered page, or with Firebug.

For all links inside list items inside widgets:
See Atahualpa Theme Options -> Widgets

For all links in the sidebars:

HTML Code:
td#left a:link,
td#left a:visited,
td#left a:active,
td#left a:hover,
td#right a:link,
td#right a:visited,
td#right a:active,
td#right a:hover {
color: #123456 !important;
 font-weight: normal !important;
 text-decoration: underline !important;
 }
I've added !important here as otherwise it might not be able to overwrite all widgets
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:43 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
thank you for the info. very helpful.