Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

bfa_thumb() ignores existing thumbnail

Old May 28, 2013, 07:07 AM
marklevine

41 posts · Jun 2010
I have an irritating problem, not a bug. I am trying out Montezuma, which by the way seems even more awesome than Atahualpa, and call bfa_thumb() from the loop with

Code:
<?php bfa_thumb( 620,180, true, '<div class="thumb-shadow"><div class="post-thumb">', '</div></div>' ); ?>
When I upload a media file named "ralph.jpg", I see that a thumbnail has been been created in the media library directory called "ralph-620x180.jpg" because I've added support for that thumbnail size into the theme.

So, I expect that thumbnail will be used by the theme because the overview of bfa_thumb says:

Quote:
Will create thumbnail on the fly if it does not exist.
However, when I choose "ralph.jpg" as a featured image on a post and view the post on the front page, the theme has created "ralph-620x180-1.jpg". Note the suffix which has been postpended to the name. It appears that bfa_thumb() always creates a new thumbnail even when one pre-exists.

The irritating part of this has to do with the steps necessary to fix a bady cropped thumbnail. I am training my client to use Post Thumbnail Editor which creates a new thumbnail without the suffix. Then my client must visit the server and rename files. (Yuck. If you knew this client, you'd be worrying too.)

I'll try to dive into your code to force bfa_thumb() to alway overwrite the thumbnail without postpending "-1" but best if you could correct me or correct the code.

The theme is live on a server but not active yet, Try http://artsmeme.com/?theme=artsmemeV2 to see the site. (Note I am replacing an Atahualpa child with a Montezuma child!)