Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Trying to add a widget area inline with the page menu

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:29 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
[SOLVED] Trying to add a widget area inline with the page menu

I have the "Facebook Social Plugin" installed and the "Facebook Like Button" widget added to the top of my right sidebar. I'd like to move this widget to be inline with my page menu but aligned to the left side with some left padding. I can create a new widget area but I'm not sure where to place it to accomplish this. Any suggestions? the site is http://www.hotels-onsale.com.

I have some menu CSS inserts and then there's the default ATA menu CSS inserts that I'll cut and paste here as reference:

div#menu1 {
padding-top: 2px;
padding-bottom: 2px;
border: solid 0px #000000;
background: #ffffff;
}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:visited,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:active {
font-weight: bold;
}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
background: transparent;
}

/* Adjustments for the menu bars, which in their default
state have 1px borders plus -1px margins to avoid 1+1=2px
borders between neighbor items. */

ul.rMenu-hor ul, ul.rMenu-hRight ul { margin-top: 0px; }
ul.rMenu-hor li { margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-left: 0px; }
ul.rMenu-hor { padding-left: 0px; }
ul.rMenu-ver li { margin-top: 0xp; }

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a, div#menu2 ul.rMenu li a {
padding: 6px 10px;
}

/* Space between items of page menu bar */

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li {
margin-right: 3px;
}

/* Reset margin for 2nd+ level items */

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li li {
margin-right: 0;
}

/* Removing the padding here and putting them on the sidebars instead. That way the middle column aligns nicely with the header when there are no sidebars */

td#middle {
padding: 0;
}

Thanks!
Thomas