Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Can I Remove Page Title from a Static Page?

Old Oct 26, 2009, 02:22 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Hi there!

I have a static page set and the Front Page. The site is:

http://www.bestbiztips.com/quickmedquote

I would like the page title "Home" not appear in the body of the page. Is that possible?

Thanks!

KIP
Old Oct 26, 2009, 03:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Find the ID of the page (go to dashboard->page->edit and look at the html address for the page it will end in 'post=nn' where nn is some number, that is the page id)

Go to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->The LOOP and add a conditional on the line
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>
so it reads
HTML Code:
<?php if (!is_page('nn') { bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); } ?>
so it shouldn't do it when you are on that page.

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 26, 2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 03:40 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Hi Juggledad -

Okay, I feel really stupid sometimes. The html address for the page in the Dashboard>Pages>Edit is http://bestbiztips.com/quickmedquote

There is no "id="

What am I missing?

Thanks so much!

KIP
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
actually edit the page and then look at the address in the browser address bar, you should see something like
HTML Code:
http://mydomain.com/wordpress/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=32
teh '32' is the page id
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:22 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Golly! I never considered looking up there!

Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:39 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Okay... still ain't working.

My line code is:

<?php if (!is_page('2') { bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); } ?>

I get the following Parse Error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/content/a/b/x/abxnetwork/html/quickmedquote/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php(389) : eval()'d code on line 10

Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you need a extra ')'

<?php if (!is_page('2') ) { bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); } ?>
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:48 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
YAY! Thanks so much!