Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] SEO and Meta Stuff...

Old Feb 4, 2010, 02:53 PM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
In an html site, from what I understand, when you look at the source code the Meta Description and Meta Keywords show there.

When I view source for the home page, none of this stuff shows up even though it's been entered in the Configure SEO of the options.

Does it work differently than an html site? How does google access this information if it doesn't show in the site code?

The site I'm referencing is http://strategicsense.ca if you need that.

Thanks.

Velma
Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do you have ATO->Configure SEO->Use Bytes For All SEO options? set to 'YES'?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:27 PM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
Yes, and the information is filled in for the home page there.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:29 PM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
FYI these are the plugins in use:

* Akismet
* All in One Adsense and YPN
* Dashboard Notepad
* Dynamic Headers by Nicasio Design
* Embed Iframe
* Excerpts from Children
* Import Blogroll with Categories
* Move Comments
* Robots Meta
* Share This
* Testimonials Manager
* Widget Logic
* Wordpress.com Stats
* Wordpress.com Stats Smiley Remover
* WP News Slider

Just in case there are ones here that may be conflicting.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:50 PM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
Ha! It was the Robots Meta interfering. Deleted that plugin and things are working as they should be.