Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Hiding the featured image from specific posts

Old Jun 9, 2013, 04:11 PM
emanuel1969

133 posts · Apr 2010
California
Send a message via Skype™ to emanuel1969
[SOLVED] Hiding the featured image from specific posts

Hi everyone,

I would like to hide the featured image on specific posts. My idea is to create a custom field (hide_featured_image") and set its value to "yes". Then use some php code like the following:

-----
$shouldHideFeaturedImage = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'hide_featured_image', true);

if ( $shouldHideFeaturedImage != 'yes' ) {
if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) {
the_post_thumbnail('medium');
}
}
-----
Am I on the right track here? And where would I put this code? People told me I should look for the single.php file but I can't find it.

Thanks!
Emanuel
Old Jun 9, 2013, 06:13 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
How about just using CSS targeted to those specific pages and featured images?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 07:15 PM
emanuel1969

133 posts · Apr 2010
California
The problem with that is that it is a daily news site, and there are many content contributors. I need them all to be able to choose whether the featured image displays inside the post or not.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 07:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You will need to make some changes in bfa_post_parts.php arond line 149 (v 3.7.12)
Old Jun 9, 2013, 07:51 PM
emanuel1969

133 posts · Apr 2010
California
Actually Juggledad, that affects the display of the thumbnail on multi-post pages. What I am wanting to do is remove the featured image from select "single-post" pages.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 08:03 PM
emanuel1969

133 posts · Apr 2010
California
OMG never mind! I'm the one who added a widget area to the single post pages then used a php-enabled text widget in order to display the featured image there to begin with!!!

It was just so long ago I forgot.

I thought the featured image was showing up on single post pages automatically.

Problem solved. Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2013, 08:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Featured images are for multi post pages. And if you don't want the featured image why not remove it from the post edit page?