Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

How do I: Adding a disclaimer just above the comment section...

Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:19 PM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Send a message via ICQ to Paleo Pat Send a message via AIM to Paleo Pat Send a message via Yahoo to Paleo Pat
Hi Flynn and all...

As you know, I am using your fantastic theme..

I want to add the following disclaimer:

Quote:
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed on this Blog; entries and in the comments section, are not necessarily those of my host, advertisers, or anyone else displayed on this Blog.
just above where the comments section begins.

My question is, where do i put it?

Thanks,

-Pat
Old Feb 12, 2009, 09:37 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See comments.php line 21-24 and add it after this

PHP Code:
    <h3 id="comments"><?php // Comment Area Title 

comments_number(__('No comments yet to ''atahualpa'), __('1 comment to ''atahualpa'), __('% comments to ''atahualpa')); echo get_the_title();

?>
    </h3>
Old Feb 13, 2009, 02:52 PM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Send a message via ICQ to Paleo Pat Send a message via AIM to Paleo Pat Send a message via Yahoo to Paleo Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
See comments.php line 21-24 and add it after this

PHP Code:
    <h3 id="comments"><?php // Comment Area Title 

comments_number(__('No comments yet to ''atahualpa'), __('1 comment to ''atahualpa'), __('% comments to ''atahualpa')); echo get_the_title();

?>
    </h3>
tried that... didn't work... didn't see it.

any other ideas? Yes, I have paged comments and the reply to comments feature enabled.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 03:01 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Sorry, I just saw that the location I gave you would only be displayed after there's at least 1 comment

Put it above this instead
PHP Code:
<?php // If there are any comments
if ( have_comments() ) : ?>

And both codes (this post and the earlier post) were for WP 2.7+, for WP 2.6 and older you'd have to edit legacy.comments.php instead of comments.php
Old Feb 13, 2009, 05:24 PM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Sorry, I just saw that the location I gave you would only be displayed after there's at least 1 comment

Put it above this instead
PHP Code:
<?php // If there are any comments
if ( have_comments() ) : ?>

And both codes (this post and the earlier post) were for WP 2.7+, for WP 2.6 and older you'd have to edit legacy.comments.php instead of comments.php
Thank you kindly sir. that worked just nice like.