Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Blog title moves is in different position on front page

Old May 19, 2013, 01:53 AM
inkdork

41 posts · Sep 2010
Lancaster, CA
[SOLVED] Blog title moves is in different position on front page

When I view my front page, my blog title is in one position, but when I view any other page or post page, it is in the correct position. The difference is about 20 or 30 pxs but it really screws with my layout.

I have my blog title set with the following code.

Code:
padding: 0;
line-height: 1.0em;
font-family: 'Annie Use Your Telescope', cursive;
font-size: 460%;
position: absolute;
z-index:5;
top: 55px;
right: 275px;
Attached is the export of my settings.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-debslosingitcom-20130519.txt (18.6 KB, 795 views)
Old May 19, 2013, 03:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) go to the home page, use the browser 'view source' option and look at the code
2) copy it to a text file
3) do the smae for another page.
4) for the home page look at the LOGO area
5) for page 'B' do the same

what do you find diffetent?
Old May 19, 2013, 11:51 AM
inkdork

41 posts · Sep 2010
Lancaster, CA
On my front page, the blog title is given an H1 attribute, but on the other pages, its given an H2. Considering the headings aren't coded for any sort of positioning in my CSS inserts section, I'm not sure why this would cause them to move. I'm definitely not sure why its showing up as H1 in one section and H2 in another.

There are also some differences in the head code between the two pages. The other pages have this in the header, which is not present on the front page-

Code:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Deb's Losing It! &raquo; Photos &amp; About Me Comments Feed" href="http://debslosingit.com/photos-about-me/feed/" />
and
Code:
<link rel='stylesheet' id='boxes-css'  href='http://debslosingit.com/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/css/adminbar.css?ver=3.5.1' type='text/css' media='all' />
The first addition I gave present in the other pages header related directly to the page I pulld the code from.
Old May 19, 2013, 05:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
On multi post pages the blog title is an H1 for SEO reasons and on single post pages or page pages it is an H2 and the post or page title is the H1.

You probably have different CSS sopping to H1's ves H2's
Old May 19, 2013, 05:54 PM
inkdork

41 posts · Sep 2010
Lancaster, CA
Okay, I understand that. But why is it moving in position? How do I fix that?
Old May 19, 2013, 06:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I assume that the different CSS for H1 vrs H2 in relation to the other CSS is causing it.

Last edited by juggledad; May 19, 2013 at 07:23 PM.