Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Widget in central column

Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:26 AM
Fennec 88

7 posts · Dec 2011
France
Hello!
I use the 4 Sidebars (Left & Right sidebars + Left & Right Inner sidebars) and the central column of the topic. I have create a news Central “Widget Aera” named “Central column widget area” in the central column of my home page while following the instruction of the ATO, it is quite visible in the Widgets section.
I placed the widget Alkivia SidePosts in this new zone and parameterized this widget for one category of articles. Only thing which appears in the central column it is “NOT FOUND” and I cannot what make!
Thank you to help me.
I use the topic Atahualpa 3.7.3 - Wordpress 3.3 in Localhost (Wampserver 2.1 / Php 5.3.5 / MySql 5.5.8) Widgets used: Ajax Calendar Event / Alkivia SidePosts / GoGadget Weather / WP Optimize / WP Table Relaoded

Last edited by Fennec 88; Dec 14, 2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
I have create a news Central “Widget Aera” named “Central column widget area”
where exactly did you put the new widget code to create this area?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:30 AM
Fennec 88

7 posts · Dec 2011
France
Hello Juggledad
In ATO, I placed the following code <? php bfa_widget_area (“name=Central column widget area”); ?>
in: CENTER COLUMN => Style & edit CENTER COLUMN => CENTER COLUMN STYLE (after padding: 10px 15px
The news “widget area” indeed was created and appears in “Add new widget area” or it be possible to remove it.
Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hmmm you should not be able to put it there, let me check that. It will be a bit since I'm on grandpa duty right now

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 14, 2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Nope, that code in the style doesn't create it or me. It maybe you had created it before the upgrade.

If you want a widget area in the center area, you have to edit index.php because of the Wordpress requirements.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:33 PM
Fennec 88

7 posts · Dec 2011
France
Thank you Juggeldad
I will test that, but I am initial on the matter then I am not certain result
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
In 3.7.3 put that line of code right AFTER line 15 which should be
HTML Code:
<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); $bfa_ata['postcount']++; ?>
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:24 AM
Fennec 88

7 posts · Dec 2011
France
Hello Juggeldad

After several research with Google I found a blog which dealt with my problem: http://axelweb.net/wordpress. (In French, but I am French!)

In the file “functions.php” of the topic Atahualpa 3.7.3 (line 48) I placed the following code:

register_sidebar (array (

'name'=> “Center column”,

“before_widget” => '<div id= " %1$s " class= " widget %2$s "> ',

“after_widget” => '</div> ',

“before_title” => '<div class= " widget-">< h3> ',

“after_title” => '</h3>< /div> ',

));

Then in the file “index.php” Atahualpa 3.7.3 (Line 6) the following code:

<? php if (function_exists (“dynamic_sidebar”) &&

dynamic_sidebar (“Center column”)

) : else: ?>

<! - Widgets of the block center column ->

<? php endif; ?>

The widgets installed appear in the central column in the same way that in the “side bars” as I wished it.

Still thank you for your assistance and your speed to answer.