Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

NEWBIE QUESTION: Comments link not working

Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:15 AM
sscott

10 posts · Jul 2010
I'm very new at using WP and Atahualpa and have a problem with the comments link not working from the blog page at: http://austinpickinranch.com/blog . I have made good progress with customizing the site and setting up all the pages needed but need a little help to get the comments working.

Your help is much appreciated.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you appliedd the bugfix's at http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:28 AM
sscott

10 posts · Jul 2010
I just tried it and after copying and pasting the code for the first part of the fix I got this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/content/r/i/t/ritchiemintz/html/AUSTINPICKINRANCH.COM/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_postinfo.php on line 607

and now my site is not working at all. I did copy the original code into a backup and tried pasting it back into the bfa_postinfo.php doc but it still isn't working.

Please help!
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:44 AM
sscott

10 posts · Jul 2010
Got the site back up and running by FTP'ing the backup bfa_postinfo.php file into the Atahualpa functions directory. The suggested fix took the site down and I could not even access the WP Dashboard. What did I do wrong? Or any other suggested fixes are welcome.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 01:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do you want to mention which fix you were working with, there are four of them.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 03:31 PM
sscott

10 posts · Jul 2010
Sorry, I was trying to fix the broken link to the comments using this fix:
BUGFIX 351-03: Comment Form Anchor Link gets a 404 (Not found).
Old Aug 24, 2010, 02:18 PM
genevieve.r.thompson

21 posts · Aug 2010
juggledad

i'm not finding this bugfix you're talking about. the link above did not work for me. just took me to the main page of the forum. i'm having trouble too. i'm at www.genwithag.com. my links to comments on posts are working fine. but on my about page, the comments link does nothing. no error message, nothing.

can you point me in a direction of how i can maybe fix this? the one comment on the about page i think is from the link i put in the first post.

working on wp 3.0.1
and atahualpa 3.4.9

thanks
gen