Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Overlaying Horizontal Page Menu on Header

Old May 20, 2010, 10:40 AM
ough

1 posts · May 2010
Hello, I just started customizing my Atahualpa theme and it looks handy indeed. But I sense I can hit the wall very early with a specific issue so thought about asking before even continuing to develop my site. What I need to do is to overlay the Horizontal Page Menu Bar on the Header. Is this possible?

You can see an example of what I want to do here:
http://www.hugotimm.com/gomo/Kleschweb-news1.jpg

And here is the current state of my page:
http://www.hugotimm.com/gomo

The black box you see on the bottom of the header is the tagline box, but with empty text. If I can't place the Horizontal Page Menu Bar there, then my idea is to cut the header where the black box starts and make the buttons with a background image that matches the picture, faking the overlay. But that opens another issue, is it possible to put background images on buttons and control their distance to each other? I already seen this around this forum so if that's the case I can go and search, don't wanna repeat topics here. But if not just please let me know and I go back to the layout.

Many thanks,

Hugo