Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

set bg color for each menu item

Old Jul 7, 2013, 03:13 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
set bg color for each menu item

Please look at:

http://www.donaldclarkemusicbox.com/index.php

This is a site I am porting to WordPress/Atahualpha

You can see my progress here:

http://donclarkemusicbox.simple-helix.net/

I want the menu in the ATA version to show the bg color of each entry in the same way it is done in the original. Please note, I know how to create a common bg for all the menu items. That's not what I want. I want each item to have its own bg color, just like the original.

Possible?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 03:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I don't see a menu in the new site and the old site has a sidebar menu(?) - do you plan on using a menu widget and have it in the sidebar?

why not use firebug to look at the old site and see what they are using?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 05:27 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
It was called Categories but contained some of the same items. I've renamed it Menu for clarity.

I appreciate the suggestion about learning how the original was done, but that does not tell me know how to apply it. The menu is done in simple HTML with each item (each link) in it's own cell.

I don't even know where to start to do that to the ATA, The menu is created using Categories because Some items linked to a major section of the iste, such as a multi-chapter book or the authors blog.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 05:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you want to apply a style to AL widgets, use the 'Style WIDGETS' option
if you just want to apply the styling to a single widget, code your CSS Selectors and rules and put them in the CSS Inserts option.

You can use Firebug to test what you need and then put it in.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 05:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Also it seems to me that you should create a WP custom menu (you can mix pages and categories and external links) and use teh custom menu widget. At least that is what I would do.