Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Converting From A Custom Post Theme

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:09 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Converting From A Custom Post Theme

I have a friend that wants to convert to Atahualpa after using a very restrictive theme. The only catch is that the theme has a bunch of Custom Post templates.

What will happen to the existing Custom Posts if I just activate Atahualpa? Will they be preserved into default format? And if so, what happens to the Custom Field content?

Is there a clean way to preserve the Custom Post types? I'm assuming I have to make new templates. Do I just have to duplicate the Custom Fields into the new templates?

Thanks!