Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to have limited number of excepts

Old Jul 3, 2011, 12:50 PM
cwjorgensen

27 posts · Nov 2010
Praestoe, Denmark
Send a message via Skype™ to cwjorgensen
How can I have limited excepts on homepage after a sticky post - without useing plugin "cbnet Different Posts Per Page". Which leaves a link to older posts

I also want to have a limited number of headlines-link (one lines each) after the excepts - also on the homepage.
Is this possible in Atahualpa theme.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 02:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You will need to play with it a bit but the List Category Posts plugin would let you place a shortcode with parameters on a page which would show posts in various ways depending on the parameters. Since it is a page you have it on you will have to use a different method for creating your "sticky post". Perhaps adding some content at the top of the page when you have the shortcode.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 03:16 PM
cwjorgensen

27 posts · Nov 2010
Praestoe, Denmark
Send a message via Skype™ to cwjorgensen
Hi Imilesw.
hmm.... I will try, but I all ready have this thought that it will be to difficult. because I have to made a new sticky every day, when the webpage is fully up and running.

Don't you know any coding - for instant putting some code in the loop etc...... ?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 06:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I guess I'm not clear on what you are trying to do. Is the sticky going to change regularly or will it remain static?

I don't into too much coding and never edit the theme files except for bug fixes because those changes won't survive a theme upgrade. Also because of WordPress changes you no longer can do a lot of coding in the theme options of Atahualpa 3.6.7 so I rely on plugins.