Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Great Theme!!! Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding this.....

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 5, 2011, 03:37 PM
pastcaring

2 posts · Sep 2011
Great Theme!!! Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding this.....

I'm buiding a school website using this fantastic theme.

It's just going to have a single right hand sidebar which will, depending on page, display related content.

I'm currently using the Category Posts widget in conjunction with Display Widgets plugin [http://strategy11.com/display-widgets/] to display the page dependant info.

I have had to use the Category Posts widget approx 4o times in the sidebar to ensure I have captured the correct info to be displayed on each page!!!! So, for example, Each Class needs to have a 'What Are We Up to' widget, a 'Class letters' widget and a 'curriculum' widget. Each of these widgets gets info from a Post/category and displays it in the sidebar if it's the right page. There will be several more instances of it's use for other pages......

My first question is is it ok to have so many widgets in the right sidebar? There will probably end up being close to a hundred!!!

Secondly...is there a better way of doing this using either ONE widget or much less widgets?

Or should I be using conditional sidebars? If page x get sidebar x with Y widgets in????

PLease feel free to ask any other questions if the above isn't clear.

Many thanks

PC

Atahualpa 3.6.7
WordPress 3.2.1

Last edited by pastcaring; Oct 5, 2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling etc. extra data