Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

How to make Next/Previous Navigation work for pages?

Old Jan 4, 2014, 06:52 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
How to make Next/Previous Navigation work for pages?

Hi,

Does Atahualpa's Next/Previous Navigation functionality work for pages as well, or only for posts? If it doesn't, is there a plugin that will do the trick?

Thanks!
Rutger
Old Jan 4, 2014, 07:07 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Posts are by design sequential so it makes sense to have next/previous. What would be the criteria for what is the next or previous page?

You could of course build manual next/previous links on your pages.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 07:13 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Hello Miles,

At present, my site www.cornetsdegroot.com has only 6 posts and 1,028 pages. It is really a CMS with blog functionality (but the blogging still needs to take off...). The pages are organized according to certain criteria using menu's and menu widgets (see the left menu bar).
Building manual next/previous links as you suggest would in my case mean revisiting all those 1,028 pages, or is there a quicker way?

Thanks!
Rutger
Old Jan 4, 2014, 07:24 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
In a quick search on wordpress.org and Google I don't find any solutions for this. Again what would be the criteria for what is a next or previous page? This might require custom code.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 07:31 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
The menu order would be the criterion... Does that make sense?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 07:42 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I have no idea how, or even if, you could build next/previous page functionality based on menu order.