Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Header Image & Fluid Width Question

Old May 26, 2010, 02:15 PM
Tammy

14 posts · Jul 2009
[SOLVED] Header Image & Fluid Width Question

I'm having trouble with my header image. I want a fluid width and am having trouble with my header image cooperating. If I set my width for 99%, it all looks great on my new wide monitor, but when I go to check it out on our older monitor, it cuts it off and does not show the whole banner (width wise). Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
Old May 26, 2010, 07:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Viewing on a smaller monitor would cut off the image. The image does not resize to fit the size of your monitor you just won't see it all. The only way you can be assured of how much of the banner is visible is the set a fixed width.
Old May 27, 2010, 01:00 PM
Tammy

14 posts · Jul 2009
I don't understand the point of a theme being fluid if the images do not resize. It's not really fluid then.
Old May 27, 2010, 01:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
That's why I don't use fluid themes. It throws off your image alignments, layout etc. unless you carefully design with that in mind.
Old May 27, 2010, 02:42 PM
Tammy

14 posts · Jul 2009
Well, to me, the true definition of a fluid them would be one that is fluid from top to bottom including any images. If not, you're right, you should go with fixed. I have a website, not wordpress, and it is a true fluid site. That is what threw me off with this. I searched high and low and could not find any tips for this at all. I'm not sure if this is standard with all wordpress themes or not. I did figure out a workaround for it, though, so now I seem to have my header (not the rotating header) resizing properly.
Old May 27, 2010, 03:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I would love to see your fluid width site to see it in action.