Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Show Most Recent Post on Page (&YAPB Plugin)

Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:55 AM
JonRouston

15 posts · Dec 2010
Hi all,

I have a horrible feeling there's a very easy answer to this.

http://www.jonrouston.com/testblog/
I have the options in 'reading' set to display a static front page and then the 'photoblog' page to display the most recent posts with the number of posts set to one However, that page currently shows an archive? list of the most recent posts: http://www.jonrouston.com/testblog/?page_id=27

Whereas I would like it to show the most recent single post, i.e. when people click on 'photoblog' I would like them to see this: http://www.jonrouston.com/testblog/?p=155

Is there a way to display the single most recent post on that page? And is this a YAPB or a Atahualpa issue/ (or me being an idiot issue?)

Thanks in advance for any help

Jon
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:27 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can set the appropriate boxes in ATO>Configure Excerpts to Full Posts. You will see the full post but not the comment form.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:29 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
I'm not sure about the plugin but can't you just get this to work like you want using Atahualpa options?

In

Appearance / Atahualpa Theme Options / Configure Excerpts

I have

Posts or Excerpts on Home Page set to 'Excerpts Only'

and

Show the first X posts on HOME page as full posts? Set to 1

I think this'll do what you want...
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:41 AM
JonRouston

15 posts · Dec 2010
Hmmm,

I've tried fiddling with both of those with no joy really, even the set up that you have mentioned Gareth. This delivers me the same result - a page with a thumbnail but not the most recent post (bigger picture).

Can I assume this is something to do with way YAPB is set up then?

Thanks for your help!
Jon
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:44 AM
JonRouston

15 posts · Dec 2010
Ignore this, sorted, it was to do with the way I had YAPB configured.

Thanks!
Jon