Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Injection vulnerability in WP 2.8 and prior - also plugin related

Old Jul 17, 2009, 08:47 PM
Franse

1 posts · Jul 2009
Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to post that. I have read on
http://corelabs.coresecurity.com/ind...eges_Unchecked
that there is a considerable bug in Wordpress that has just been solved with 2.8.1. As the article mentions, there seem to be several pitfalls with allegedly "all" plugins that allow subscribed users to inject probably malicious code.

As I am still finding my way into the software and cannot answer it myself, I thought I'd ask here: Is Atahualpa prone to this bug? Or does it not apply to this theme?

Anway, I already updated my WP to the latest version. On a side note, this plugin ownz tremendously. So far I have been able to accomplish everything I wanted either by using the supplied forms or searching a little in the forums. Really kudos to the author(s) for such a great piece of software and the ongoing help. When I'm more or less done with configuration (and haven't found a hole that sinks my ship), I will certainly donate some money.

Back to the issue at hand: I hope somebody can calm my unrest about the aforementioned vulnerability.

cheers,
Franse
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:41 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Those issues are related to core WP files, Atahualpa does not deal with them