Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] make lists appear in rating order

Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:10 PM
rich r

3 posts · Aug 2010
I'm new to this and can't seem to figure out how to get my lists to appear in 'rating' order rather than by the default alphabetical by name

it seems easy but i can't find where to put the code

any help is much appreciated
Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What lists? Can you post a URL? Are you using a plugin? The more info the better to figure out what you need.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 07:33 AM
rich r

3 posts · Aug 2010
Hi,
The site isn't live yet... http://67.15.250.10/~davispt1/

But Here's what I'm trying to do...

I have some links that I have assigned to a category (useful links)

In widgets, I put a link box in the right hand sidebar - selecting that category (useful inks)

The links come out in alphabetical order.

At the bottom of each link when I entered it, under "advanced" there is a place to assign a rating.

I was hoping I could use this rating to order the links - instead of them being listed alphabetically - the same way that the pages across the top are ordered using the "Page Attribute order"

Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:34 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have never played with the ratings of links and know of no native way to display them in that order in the sidebar. You may however want to take a look at the My Links Order plugin which makes ordering easier than opening each link and giving it a rating.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:10 AM
rich r

3 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks so much. I had installed this as per a suggestion from another user and from your suggestion took a look at the functionality. I couldn't get it to work previously - but now that I found where the category ID's are, I am good to go!
Rich