Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Marketplace » Customization, Design, Programming... »

Want to incorporate a mega drop down menu style to my site

Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:34 AM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ssoszka
Hello, I'm trying to change my site menu to appear more like this menu: Mega Drop Down Menu. However I'm not sure about how to go about this. I'm using the most current version of Atahualpa. My site is: DrSoszka.com.

I'm looking to get this done ASAP. Please msg me with suggestions, quotes, etc.

Thanks,

Shawn
Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
With the built in menu the code below worked for me.
HTML Code:
li.rMenu-expand li a, div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li a, div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li a, div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li a, div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li a {
float: left;
}
You could also purchase AllWebMenus which has a plugin and extras to give you just about any menu you want. I just never wanted to spend the bucks for what I considered not much in return and there is a bit of a learning curve. The built in menus can be styled quite nicely.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 09:00 AM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ssoszka
where did you place your code? Directly in CSS style sheet or with in the theme css additions section?
Old Jun 6, 2010, 06:01 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In the CSS Inserts section of Atahualpa Theme Options
Old Sep 30, 2010, 03:56 AM
JanH

2 posts · Sep 2010
Netherlands
Another great way for nice dropdown menu's is the wp plugin from Ryan "Suckerfish Wordpress dropdown menu"
Old Oct 3, 2010, 01:16 PM
Flinxa

70 posts · Sep 2010
Hello

the HTML code was helpful, but how can I manage to get a menu like that?

(hover over "brand")

http://karlasugar.net/

All the submenu items have the same width and I want to say how many line the menu has.

Help is much appreciated - thanks

And: your theme is wonderful, I have a lot of fun working with it

Last edited by Flinxa; May 14, 2011 at 04:09 AM.