Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Colourful scroll bars

Old Feb 7, 2009, 06:14 PM
Tigger

35 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn,

actually I already gave up this idea, but I am sure it could be interessting for others. I know, that for IE5 and higher you can make special coloured scroll bars. Here is a website, where you can generate the code:

http://www.homepage-buttons.de/tools...generator.html

I generated the code and pasted it into a text file. Then named this file scroll.css and dropped it on my server in the main directory. Also later into the main of the theme ... and furter places.

Then I went to the theme options and placed this link into HTML/CSS inserts. Placed it into HTML Header inserts: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="scroll.css">

It did not work out. Then I dumped the css directly into CSS inserts ... did not work either. Then I placed it into different locations all over some scripts. The only result was, that the scroll bars in my contact forms (text form) exactly matched the scroll bar colours I wanted. But I could not apply it to the right side scroll bar of the browser. Where do I have to place the css ? Or where do I have to place the css file and place the link to get it running ?
Old Feb 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
If you've put the file into the domains root folder (yourdomain.com/style.css) , reference it via "HTML Inserts: Header" as

HTML Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/scroll.css" />
Note the slash in front of scroll.css

Or, after putting it into the theme folder (wp-content/themes/atahualpa/):

HTML Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/scroll.css" />
Old Feb 10, 2009, 08:10 AM
Tigger

35 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn,

this solution still does not change the main scroll bar of the browser on the right side. It only affects scroll bars in the page content such as answer forms (text fields with scroll bars). Even when pasting the whole css into the theme head field such as

<style type="text/css">
body {
scrollbar-arrow-color: #FFFFFF;
scrollbar-track-color: #FFFFFF;
scrollbar-face-color: #0000FF;
}
</style>

same result as with seperate css file in main folder of the website. Do you have any idea ? I will send you a link via pm