Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Moving left widget areas to below page content

Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:05 AM
mysupervee

14 posts · Feb 2011
Watford, United Kingdom
Send a message via Skype™ to mysupervee
Hi there
On my homepage I've utilised left, left inner sidebars to appear only on the homepage as well as the right side bar which appears on all pages.
I want the left and inner left sidebars to appear below some welcome text which I was planning could be edited by the client in the static page, although I suppose it could also be a widget that stretches over the two left sidebars (is that possible?). However, I can't seem to push the sidebars to below the text, they squash the text up between the sidebar areas.

Any suggestions?
I'm using Atahualpa 3.6.1 on Wordpress 3.0.3.
The testbed site is www.richmondaid.mysuperwebpages.com
(BTW loving the Atahualpa theme and how much you can customise it)
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the center area is a ROW of a table
The ROW has up to 5 cells: Left sidebar, Left Inner sidebar, center, right inner sidebar and right sidebar

you can't put the center over the sidebar (they aren't called 'sidebars' for nothing.)

There is a thread in the gold Forum tutorials called 'HOWTO: put an AD (or other) widget over/in the middle/under two sidebars' that might help you.

(The Gold Forum and tutorials is available to members who have donated $20 or more)
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:11 AM
mysupervee

14 posts · Feb 2011
Watford, United Kingdom
Thanks, I have just made a donation, how do i get access to the gold forum?
Old Feb 12, 2011, 05:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you now have access
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:05 AM
mysupervee

14 posts · Feb 2011
Watford, United Kingdom
Yay that worked really easily. Thank you!