Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Lightbox 2 (Argento version) works on all pages but homepage

Old Nov 7, 2009, 02:53 PM
Wyro

21 posts · Jul 2009
I have found the perfect setup for galleries using Lightbox 2 (the Guiseppe Argento version) with modifications by Fabian Lange which auto-resizes images for your browser's current size beautifully. Guiseppe's plugin automatically adds the rel=lightbox code to each image, and Lange's auto-resize is invaluable.

The issue I am having is that this plugin works on all pages except the homepage, even though in it's settings (in which you can enable/disable Lightbox 2 on various page types) I have it set to 'yes' on the homepage as well as all other page types.

Looking at the code the lightbox javascript appears to be being left out of the header on the homepage, while it is included on all other pages.

Here is my homepage (lightbox not working)

Here is one of my post pages (with it working fine).

Any clues? Thanks so much,
Wyro
Old Nov 7, 2009, 08:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What's not working? Both pages look fine to me in Safari on the mac. What should I look for that would be different?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 08:29 PM
Wyro

21 posts · Jul 2009
Juggledad, thanks.

The lightbox gallery doesn't work on the homepage. If you click on one of the images in the second post on the homepage ("What's New 11/6/09"), the images just open in the browser. If you go to that post itself, you will notice if you click on the images they in fact open in lightbox. This seems to be the case in both Safari and Firefox on the Mac.

I am pretty sure this is not an Atahualpa issue as I switched themes to the default theme and it remained this way. But I thought in case you had any ideas I might just bounce this off of you.

Thanks again
Steve
Old Nov 9, 2009, 03:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This looks like a Lightbox problem, if you do some searching, you 'll find several others with the same problem. It must be missing some processing path...
Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:12 PM
Wyro

21 posts · Jul 2009
I did some searching prior to posting (I try not to be a burden) but did not find anything. Juggledad, can you send me a link or two to items you came across? Thanks.

For now I switched back to Lightbox 2 by Rupert Morris which is great but lacks auto-resizing of images upon display.

Thanks again you guys rock.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 06:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
yeah, you think I can find it now! At this point I'm not even sure if it was the Argento version or the normal version. Did see some conflictw with plugins or themes that use motools...
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:04 AM
Wyro

21 posts · Jul 2009
I'll look around, thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 10:58 AM
gtaber

3 posts · Dec 2009
How did you get lightbox working with this theme (atahualpa)??
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:22 PM
Wyro

21 posts · Jul 2009
I ended up using Lightbox 2 by Rupert Morris, which does everything I want except auto-resizing images to fit your browser window's current size.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have use Auto Highslide, Auto Thickbox, and Shadowbox JS. All with success but I have settled on Shadowbox JS because of its support site. It is free for non-commercial sites but only 20 Euro for a one developer license for unlimited sites.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:33 PM
Wyro

21 posts · Jul 2009
Do any of these have the auto-resize feature?

Can you send a link to see it in action?

Thanks!!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Shadowbox JS has a ton of setting one of them being Resize with three options. None, Resize, and Drag. Drag opens the box to a predetermined size and let's you drag the picture in the box to see the rest. I just use the Resize setting as in the top left picture here. The bottom left pic is not very big. I also start out by resizing any pix I am uploading to usually no more than 1000px for the longest dimension. This is not an ATA site (yet) but the ATA sites I have Shadowbox JS installed on don't have any pictures big enough to show you what it does.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 01:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I forgot to leave a link to the Shadowbox JS site.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 02:05 PM
Wyro

21 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks so much!