Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] New Post Titles Showing as "Auto Draft"

Old Jul 31, 2010, 04:23 PM
mkmossop

3 posts · Jul 2010
The correct post titles won't display (this is a new issue that seems to have just started... before I upgraded to version 3.0.1 though).

The correct title displays in the Firefox browser in the very top info section of the browser, but not on the actual page.

Anyone know what's up?
Old Jul 31, 2010, 05:13 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To get rid of the current Auto Draft entries you need to go to ATO>Configure SEO and turn on Use Post/Page Options. Then when you open the posts that are showing Auto Draft you will see that in the Atahualpa Post or Page options. Just delete the lines and they will be recreated from the the title of the post or page.

Then to prevent this from being an issue you can continue as follows but before you do download a copy of functions.php which is in the Atahualpa theme folder as a backup.

Please read this carefully... You will be changing a line not adding one. You can edit functions.php by going to Appearance>Editor
and click on functions.php on the right.

Edit the functions.php (in the Atahualpa theme folder)
At about line 603 replace the line that is there with the following

$title = ($post_id->post_title !== 'Auto Draft') ? $post_id->post_title : '';

The line you are changing is right after
$thePostID = $post->ID;
$post_id = get_post($thePostID);

Last edited by lmilesw; Jul 31, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:04 PM
mkmossop

3 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks very much for your reply.

I'm not sure which option to change under ATO > configure SEO.

I don't see anything saying "Use Post/Page Options".

Do you mean "Use Bytes For All SEO options?" or one of the other options?

Thanks again for the help!
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:30 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The Auto Draft issue came to play with WP 3.

First make sure you don't have a post/page options in your pages and posts. If you do you will see "Auto Draft" in those fields for the posts and pages in question and you can just delete those entries as mentioned in a previous reply.

If you don't see that setting in the SEO options and don't see a post/page options in your posts and pages you are one of the versions of Atahualpa that had that feature turned off and you will need to upgrade to Atahualpa 353 which you can download here. I would highly suggest the manual update method as shown here but with any update you need to BACKUP YOUR DATABASE AND WP-CONFIG FOLDER FIRST.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:01 PM
mkmossop

3 posts · Jul 2010
Ah finally it worked... thank you!

I had to upgrade, then change the post options.

Thanks for all the help .