Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Fluid sized rotating header images

Old Mar 5, 2012, 01:45 PM
samabuelsamid

1 posts · Mar 2012
I've checked some of the other threads on this forum for ideas on how to make rotating header images fluid (so they scale to width of the browser window) but any references to this relate to older versions of Atahualpa. I'm running 3.7.3 and I've tried some of the ideas for scaling in bfa_header_config.php without success.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get this working?

thanks
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:59 PM
Dapizz

15 posts · Mar 2012
Great British Isles
Looks like you've stumped the others.. :D

Anyway, as far as I can see, all you would need to do if put a series of wide images (all the same amount of pixels high and, preferably, wide) into /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header By default, if there's more than one image in this folder it will rotate between them. If you then go to ATO>Style & configure LAYOUT and set a percentage in the first box of something like 75% this'll make the site fluid. I guess you have already done this. Then set the maximum width to the width of the 'wide' images you put in your header folder, or of the narrowest image (remember to put px after the width value). Set the minimum width to something like 400px so you don't get any site morphing when the window is shrunk by a lot.

I think this should work, sorry if it doesn't. :|

-Dapizz