Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Clickable Thumbnail/Featured Image while still using "More" tag

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:06 AM
mad_science

15 posts · Mar 2010
Clickable Thumbnail/Featured Image while still using "More" tag

I did my homework reading up on thumbnails and excerpts, but I need a little help...

Here's what I want:
  • Lead picture (thumbnail/featured image) on the main page that's linked to the full post
  • Length of excerpt on the main page controlled by the "more" tag (or some other way that's not a fixed length).

I can make this work by selecting the "featured image" for the post and then dropping the excerpt in the "manual excerpt" box, right?

If that's the case, a couple of questions:
  • Do the theme "thumbnail settings" override the "picture settings" set within the post for picture formatting?
  • Is there a way to display 2 or more images with the excerpt (besides siamese-ing them into 1 file)?