Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Incorrect URLs Being Generated for Navigation Tabs on Index Pages

Old Jan 2, 2015, 09:30 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
[SOLVED] Incorrect URLs Being Generated for Navigation Tabs on Index Pages

Scenario:
  • WP 4.1, Montezuma 1.2.4
  • Set permalinks to Default.
  • Do either a search or view a Category index page where the number of posts/results span across more than one index page.

Results:
Clicking on a navigation tab (Next, Prev, or any of the numbered tabs) on the navigation bar does not move you to another page. The URL changes, but the screen does not.

This behavior is not seen on a normal index (i.e., blog) page. It is also not seen on the TwentyFourteen theme.

Reason:
It appears that an incorrect URL is being generated for the tabs:
Code:
http://sandbox.geefamily.net/?cat=1#038;paged=2
Instead of the #038;, an ampersand should be output so the URL looks like this:
Code:
http://sandbox.geefamily.net/?cat=1&paged=2
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Interesting, I see it happening on your site, however it works fine on mine. Did you try disabling all plugins?

if it is not a plugin conflict, could you do an Montezuma export and attach it to a reply.

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 2, 2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:50 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Disabled all plugins, plus cleared out the Insert Code fields under MTO, and still have the problem.

I tried attaching my export file, but I guess I've run out of storage space for attachments, so it won't upload. I can't figure out how to delete my existing attachments. I tried going through User CP > Miscellaneous > Attachments, but there doesn't seem to be a way of deleting either of my two attachments. And I'm not able to go into the posts which included those attachments and delete them.

Anyway, you should be able to get my export in this Pastebin. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, it will be easier to copy the export from the RAW Paste Data field by clicking in the field and pressing Ctl-A to select the entire field.

Another user claimed that it worked OK under WP 4.0.1, before the upgrade to WP 4.1. I'm going to try & create another WP installation to see if I can verify that.

Last edited by CrouchingBruin; Jan 2, 2015 at 11:53 AM.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 05:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Your settings work fine for me. I was running WP 4.0.1 and I upgraded to 4.1 and it still works fine.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 06:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Could I get in and poke a bit? If so send me a PM with an admin ID/PW.

The code looks like it should work, but obviously something isn't correct and it could be anything even someting like 'magic quotes' being on
Old Jan 2, 2015, 06:49 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Sent. On your test, you set the Permalinks to the Default style? Because that's where it fails, when permalinks is set to the Default style, not the other styles.