Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Permanent text area in center column

Old Oct 15, 2009, 06:16 PM
valis

9 posts · Oct 2009
WordPress 2.8.4 Atahualpa 3.4.4
I want to place a short introductory paragraph above the Blog title and Post that will stay there no matter what else changes on the page. I thought of using the Sticky plugin or the Announcement feature but this isn't a post, it's just a short introduction to the site.

What's the best way of doing this?
Thanks

Atahulpa 3.4.4
WordPress 2.8.4
Old Oct 15, 2009, 06:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you want it on every page, just stick it in ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Content ABOVE the LOOP
Old Oct 16, 2009, 03:33 AM
valis

9 posts · Oct 2009
Sorry, I have absolutely no clue what this means or what to do with this. Can you be more specific and/or give me an example. I'm very new at this.

Is this code I have to type into the index.php? If so where? Does the paragraph text I want to use come after it, or before it, or somewhere in the middle. Presumably the text I want to appear will be surrounded by the <p> tags. I'm completely at sea here.

Also, I want this text to appear only on the main blog page, the home page, but if it's going to be really really complicated to do then I can live with it on every page.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 05:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
In the Wordpress Dashboard go to
Appearances->
Atahualpa Theme Options (ATO)->
Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->
Content ABOVE the LOOP
and add what you want using HTML to format it. If you only want it on the home page, surround it with a php if for example
HTML Code:
<?php if ( is_front_page() ) { 
echo '<h2> well this will be on the front page</h2>'; } ?>
Old Oct 16, 2009, 06:50 PM
valis

9 posts · Oct 2009
It works beautifully. Thanks for your help. Another problem SOLVED.