Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] I want my Front Page to be my Posts Page with a tab. Workaround?

Old Jul 10, 2010, 07:40 AM
Hidden Driveways

9 posts · Jan 2010
Hoboken NJ
I want my visitors to arrive at my site and see my blog posts first. If they desire to read another page, then they can navigate to read my resume, contact info, etc.

Here's the issue... if a vistior has navigated away from my Front Page/Posts Page, I want that page to be a tab named "Blog" in the Pages navigation bar, so they can easily get back to where they started.

As you may know, in Wordpress if you go to Settings > Reading, you can assign the front page to display your posts. But if you do this, your posts page will not get a tab in the nav bar. If you assign the front page to also be the posts page, an error occurs (with a warning) which screws up your site.

As it stands, the only way a visitor can get back to my blog is to click on the title of the site in the header:

www.sam-mallery.com

This isn't as intuitive as I would like, and it doesn't reinforce in my visitors minds that I am a blogger (which is important to me).

Does anyone have an idea how I can make my front page my posts page with its own tab in the nav bar?

Any and all help is appreciated!
Old Jul 10, 2010, 09:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ato->Page Menu Bar->Home link in Page Menu Bar
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:17 AM
Hidden Driveways

9 posts · Jan 2010
Hoboken NJ
Thank you Juggledad! That worked perfectly, and it seems so obvious now. Duh!

You rule.