Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header Drop Down Navigation (Where to insert the code)

Old Jun 6, 2009, 09:52 PM
rockport

5 posts · Jun 2009
Hello and thank you for such an excellent theme. Atahualpa 3 is superb!

I'm trying to insert a drop down style menu called "PixoPoint Multi-level Navigation Plugin". The docs state to insert "<?php if (function_exists('pixopoint_menu')) {pixopoint_menu();} ?>" within the header. However everywhere I put it, I never get a result that's acceptable. I want it below the search box across the entire header.

So the question is. Where in the header.php file to I insert
<?php if (function_exists('pixopoint_menu')) {pixopoint_menu();} ?>

?

Thank you in advance for your help....
Old Jun 7, 2009, 02:24 PM
rockport

5 posts · Jun 2009
I think I found where to put the code but I can't seem to get it to actually take.

The files is

bfa_header_config.php

The code that I need to change is

if (strpos($header_items,'%bar2')!==false) {
// Horizontal bar 2
$horizontal_bar2 = '<div class="horbar2">&nbsp;</div>';
// END of Horizontal bar 2
}

What I need to add is

But when i replace &nbsp; with the code it errors the entire blog.

So I found that if I replace
$horizontal_bar2 = '<div class="horbar2">&nbsp;</div>';
WITH
$horizontal_bar2 = '<div class="horbar2">' . PHP_CODE_HERE . '</div>';
And insert
It still errors on me

This is what I've tried using
$horizontal_bar2 = '<div class="horbar2">' . <?php if (function_exists('pixopoint_menu')) {pixopoint_menu();} ?> . '</div>';

Note that I've removed the two "." removed, spaces, removed chunks of the "<?php if (function_exists('pixopoint_menu')) {pixopoint_menu();} ?>" code and I can't seem to get it to work.

If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, that would be really helpful and appreciated!

Thank you
Old Jun 10, 2009, 08:06 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Use

ob_start();
if (function_exists('pixopoint_menu')) {pixopoint_menu();}
$pixopoint = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
$horizontal_bar2 = '<div class="horbar2">' . $pixopoint . '</div>';
Old Sep 19, 2009, 11:57 AM
fanbus

5 posts · Sep 2009
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say first of all, amazing theme Flynn! Great work.

I have a question about installing the same plugin in the Bar1, but the code for the installation of PixoPoint has changed..

They now require this to be input:
<?php wp_page_menu();} ?>

Following the ideas listed above, I input the code here:
// Horizontal bar 1
if ( strpos($header_items,'%bar1') !== FALSE ) {
$horizontal_bar1 = '<div class="horbar1"><?php wp_page_menu();} ?></div>';
}

Adding this had no effect on the site.. No fatal error tells me I'm on the right track though!
Do I need to add some code into the Bar1 options in the Ata Config header section?

Thanks in advance and enjoy your day!
Old Sep 20, 2009, 06:12 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Use

PHP Code:
// Horizontal bar 1
if ( strpos($header_items,'%bar1') !== FALSE ) {
ob_start(); 
wp_page_menu();
$pixopoint ob_get_contents(); 
ob_end_clean();
$horizontal_bar1 '<div class="horbar1">' $pixopoint '</div>';

Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:41 PM
gehoskib

2 posts · Nov 2010
Please help...I am new to this and have no idea what I just did. I tried to insert the code for the dropdown plugin. It worked...but looked really funky. So, I followed this advice:
Free support
If you follow all of the instructions here, activate the plugin and find the menu is appearing on your site but looks messed up, then the problem is probably caused by a clash between your themes CSS and plugins CSS. These problems can usually be remedied by removing the wrapper tags which surround the menu in your theme. For example, most themes will have some HTML such as which contains the existing themes menu. By placing the pixopoint_menu() function between those DIV tags, the menu will often interact with that DIV tag. The solution is to either remove the DIV tag or to alter it's CSS so that it doesn't interact with the menu.

from this site

So, I deleted the DIV tags surrounding the pixopoint and now my page will not even load and I can no longer access the dashboard! Please understand I am a novice!

What should I do???
Thanks so much
Old Nov 15, 2010, 04:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Download a new copy of the theme and unzipped it. Then FTP a fresh copy of whatever file you changed. That will back out your change.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 07:57 PM
gehoskib

2 posts · Nov 2010
Thank you SO much! That solved the problem. As a newbie to all of this trying to learn on my own...I really appreciate the fact that you were pleasant in your response and did not make me feel silly. So thankful!

Now on to those drop-down menus! Wish me luck!