Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

I can't change the menu icons (eventhough I modified the css files)

Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:00 PM
toolaba

4 posts · Jan 2013
Paris, France
Hello to everyone.
First of all, please apologize my poor english. I am not a native english speaker and I find it really difficult to read and understand what I find on the web.
I'm very enthusiastic about Montezuma. Unfortunately I can't manage to change the menu icons.
The url (a test, not consistent) :
www.woirgard.fr/blog
My main menu is made of three categories (id : 3, 7 & 4).
As I would like to have new icons instead of the star, I edit this from the "Using Menu Icons" section :

HTML Code:
/* Part 1- for default state: */
#menu1 .cat-?cat=3 > a > i { background-position: 0px -1944px; }
#menu1 .cat-?cat=7 > a > i { background-position: 0px -2352px; }
#menu1 .cat-?cat=4 > a > i { background-position: 0px -1728px; }
/* Part 2 - for hover state: */
#menu1 .cat-?cat=3:hover > a > i, #menu1 .cat-?cat=3.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -2184px; }
#menu1 .cat-?cat=7:hover > a > i, #menu1 .cat-?cat=7.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -2328px; }
#menu1 .cat-?cat=4:hover > a > i, #menu1 .cat-?cat=4.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -1752px; }

I copied this piece of code and pasted it within the menus_menu1.css file.
I did not replace any part of previously existing code, I added these lines of code.
I saved and had a look at my "new" site, but nothing changed.
Still this star, regardless which browser I'm using (Chrome, Firefox, IE)
I don't have a good standard in coding PHP and CSS, I certainly did something wrong...
But I can't see where...

Thanks in advance for your help.

toolaba

Last edited by lmilesw; Jan 28, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what are your permalinks set to?
there is an issue with the creation of the CSS and it isn't always accurate. You should view the source of the page and make sure the CSS classes match what is being used on the page.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:17 AM
toolaba

4 posts · Jan 2013
Paris, France
Thanks a lot for your reply, i could solve the problem by replacing this portion of code (and the other ones related) :
#menu1 .cat-?cat=3 > a > i { background-position: 0px -1944px; }
with :
#menu1 .cat-jour-nalisme > a > i { background-position: 0px -1944px; }

it seems that ?cat=3 did not provide what was expected...

by the way, my permalinks are set to : "article name"

toolaba