Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Changelog 3.1.8/3.1.9 -> 3.2

Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:14 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Atahualpa 3.2 is available here http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=67

Changelog 3.1.8/3.1.9 -> 3.2

(See http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=199 for fixes and improvements that didn't make it into 3.2)

• DONE: Create new updated atahualpa.pot base language file
  • DONE: Add the new languages Slovenian, Turkish, French, Polish, Dutch, Bulgarian, Italian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Spanish
  • DONE: In WPMU, no header images would be displayed, not even the default ones, if no custom header images were added.
  • DONE: Feedburner Email form: Email input by user doesn't carry over to Feedburner if button was clicked instead of pressing "Enter". Also, opens both popup window and regular window.
  • DONE: Feedburner Subscribe by Email: Doesn't work with new Google/Feedburner accounts because Google accounts don't have a 7 digit number ID anymore like the original Feedbruner.com accounts, and the URL is different as well.
  • DONE: Remove hard coded "white" background color for tables inside posts.
  • DONE: Remove hard coded "white" background color for middle column (content column)
  • DONE: Add Atom format XML feed link to header meta as alternative to RSS, just like the default theme does.
  • DONE: Add whole table (.post table) as style option to menu tab "Tables". Currently only the table contents (td, th...) can be styled at "Tables"
  • DONE: WP-Print throwing an error when used on "Page" pages
  • DONE: Plug & Play for the plugin Page2Cat http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/page2cat/
  • DONE: Option to show X full posts on top of the homepage, followed by excerpts.
  • DONE: Add option to style the comment form area (Default: Gray background, rounded corners in non-IE browsers)
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:24 PM
xxxevilgrinxxx

10 posts · Jan 2009
thank you for considering Tabbed Widgets. Not only is it a great option, but I've been contemplating adding it and didn't want to bother un-uglying it, so this is good. Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2009, 07:17 PM
MatthiasHeil

23 posts · Jan 2009
Künzell, Germany
Send a message via ICQ to MatthiasHeil Send a message via Skype™ to MatthiasHeil
Do you think it might be possible to have more widgetized (side)bars and an even more flexible layout (e.g. full width bars above first post and under last post, or sth. allowing category bars, i.e. vertical or horizontal bars that display posts from certain categories...)? Atahualpa rocks!-)
Old Jan 23, 2009, 07:24 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Adding more widget areas shouldn't be too hard, I'll add that on my to do list, not for the next version though
Old Jan 27, 2009, 06:23 PM
bsizzle

9 posts · Jan 2009
would it be possible to offload the css from the widget options screen into a separate css file? the <head> section has become so long. does that make sense?

otherwise, this is fantastic! hands down the best wordpress theme i've ever seen.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 01:43 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can cut and paste the inline CSS to the bottom of style.css after you're done with the customizations.

I know what you mean and I had it like that with a dynamic style.css.php but that had its own problems.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:31 AM
bsizzle

9 posts · Jan 2009
hmm, does that create any conflicts/redundacies if I make future edits through the options panel, or do I just need to make sure I cut and paste the inline CSS into style.css each time I make changes in the options panel?
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:20 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Sorry it was a bit misleading the way I described it

You should copy the inline CSS section in your site's header area (the CSS between <head> and </head>) by looking into the source code of the rendered page (when viewing it in the browser). After you pasted that to the bottom of style.css, you could delete the long dynamic css portion from header.php.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 06:10 PM
bsizzle

9 posts · Jan 2009
awesome. thank you very much!
Old Feb 1, 2009, 07:11 PM
Lynnc

4 posts · Jan 2009
Again, as a complete newbie, I'm assuming from what you say above that the feedburner issue is NOT yet resolved in 3.8.1 or 3.8.9, correct? Is this something that will be fixed in 3.2?

Thanks so much.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 07:18 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The google/feedburner issue is not resolved in 3.1.8/3.1.9. It will be in 3.2 which I plan to release within a few days. I'll just do the Feedburner issue and the new languages for 3.2 so it won't be delayed. I am halfway through with both.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 07:40 PM
Lynnc

4 posts · Jan 2009
Thank you. I'll check back at the end of the week.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:35 PM
HalfWayThere

25 posts · Feb 2009
Hi

Great to see there is an update available, but can you clarify on these points, please:-

1) If I download 3.2, will I first have to save or in any way protect my existing settings on 3.1.9, or will everything just install without a fuss?

2) My existing (first installation of this theme) is in a folder called "atahualpa", rather than "atahualpa3" - will this be a problem for me?

Thanks,

Matt
Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:47 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The settings that you made through "Atahualpa Theme Options" are saved in the Wordpress database and would not be affected when you overwrite the existing theme version with the new one. Any manual code changes you may have made in the theme files WOULD be affected IF you overwrite the existing theme files.

1) Settings through "Atahualpa Theme Options" -> won't be overwritten no matter what you upload and where
2) Manual theme file edits: Will be overwritten if you upload into the same directory ("atahualpa" or "atahualpa3" or whatever)

The /atahualpa/ vs /atahualpa3/ issue started when Wordpress changed my uploaded /atahualpa3/ to /atahualpa/ which I wasn't aware of until recently. My intention was to have the 3.x series of Atahualpa in /atahualpa3/ so users of Atahualpa 2.x could keep using 2.x and try out 3.x at the same time. That plan didn't work out as expected.

From the next version 3.2.1 on either I will start using /atahualpa/ or Wordpress will start using /atahualpa3/ to stop the confusion.

You can upload the new version as /atahualpa/, which would overwrite the existing /atahualpa/ on your web server.

Or you upload as /atahualpa3/. Then you would have both 3.1x. and 3.2 online and could switch between them at Site Admin -> Appearance -> Themes. Both theme versions would have their own theme files, but use the same settings in the Wordpress database. Changing a setting in one theme version through "Atahualpa Theme Option" would affect both versions.

There should be no hard coded /atahualpa3/ or /atahualpa/ in the theme files. You should be able to name the directory any way you want.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:18 AM
MatthiasHeil

23 posts · Jan 2009
Künzell, Germany
Send a message via ICQ to MatthiasHeil Send a message via Skype™ to MatthiasHeil
Upgrade went smoothly, just had to change the title tag for my ttf-titles (as expected), everything else works as it should... thanks again, Flynn, well-done!
Old Feb 6, 2009, 07:22 PM
HenryGomez

30 posts · Feb 2009
Flynn,

Will all of the customization that I have on my blog remain if I upgrade from 3.1.9 to 3.2? I don't want to lose any of my sidebar widgets (or more precisely the code within them).
Old Feb 6, 2009, 07:43 PM
HenryGomez

30 posts · Feb 2009
I should have read the thread before posting.

But I am having problems with the upgrade. I'll be back with details.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:04 PM
HenryGomez

30 posts · Feb 2009
Duh I realized that I was activating the old atahualpa theme. When I activated the new one, it worked BUT the background color of my header area changed to white. I went into the styling options for the header and the correct color code was still there but apparently it's now being overridden by something. I switched back to 3.1.9.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 06:51 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Have you hard coded any color into the theme files? Another possibility would be that you took away something and now a white color is "shining through" from the backgound. I would have to see to find the error.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:27 AM
MatthiasHeil

23 posts · Jan 2009
Künzell, Germany
I would like to return to my "more widgetized areas" suggestion which you said might make it into the theme in a future version. Having thought a little bit about that, how about an addition to the layout admin page offering a 3x3 cells layout box for everything that goes underneath the Category Menu Bar? Ideally, each of these cells should be able to carry either widgets or php code.

Usually the content would go into the middle cell of the top row or the second row (providing the possibility to use e.g. a carousel plugin in the middle cell of the top row. The Revolution/Hemingway-famous 3-columned bottom content might be put into the three bottom line cells, and e.g. a complex category navigation may be put in the first cell of the middle row. In other words, a complex magazine layout could easily be realized...

The thing is that ideally cells should be "mergeable" (meaning that e.g. the carousel can go full width)... - Maybe a choice of 5-7 cell arrangement sets on the layout admin page (i.e. one with a full width top row, one with a two-cell first row [first and second OR second and third cell of the top row merged] etc.) might be the most user-friendly approach? - Oh dear, this reads quite complicated... and I doubt that this is where you want to go with this magnificent theme...

...and another thing in the context of the magazine aspects: besides "full post" and "excerpt", a third post display choice ("title only") might come in handy...

Please forgive my impertinence (if you think it is that...-), I just want to show my enthusiasm for your work, and my interest in its further development...

Greets from Germany!

Last edited by MatthiasHeil; Feb 7, 2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 05:17 PM
HenryGomez

30 posts · Feb 2009
No I didn't hard code anything into the themes files. In my current version (3.1.9) I have the following set:

In (Atahualpa Theme Options ->Header->Blog Title) I have this bit of styling:

background-color:#EDF2EC;

When I switched 3.2 the Blog Title background turned white yet the styling code remains. So something is overriding it.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 07:20 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Matthias, those are good suggestions that I will keep in mind. Especially the title only option is something I had not thought about yet, and I see where you're getting at with the mergeable cells. There's still some things on the to-do list though that I need to get out of the way first. I will also have to find a way to cut down on the time that this forum consumes. I see that you've gone far with the customizations compared to others. If you see a question that you would be able to answer please don't hesitate to do so
Old Feb 8, 2009, 06:46 PM
MatthiasHeil

23 posts · Jan 2009
Künzell, Germany
I'll try... promised!

Henry, what's your URL?-)

Last edited by MatthiasHeil; Feb 8, 2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 12:23 PM
chris

39 posts · Dec 2008
essen@nrw.de
is the styles.css.php not needed anymore? at some point I can't find it in the archive ... but it is in the "old" directory at the server ...
Old Feb 9, 2009, 12:25 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
styles.css.php is gone, the dynamic CSS is in header.php now.