Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Password pages - no help from WordPress so far

Old Mar 1, 2010, 08:21 AM
MisterNobby

2 posts · Oct 2009
Hastings
Hello
On my password protected pages (two of 'em) the following -
This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:

What I would like instead -
This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:
If you require a password email the webmaster with your membership number/relevant event:
webmaster@ etc etc

I've a feeling this is a Wordpress thing rather than an Atahualpa things but nonetheless --
all help genuinely appreciated
Thanks ...
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:29 PM
globalnerds

43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
I think you might need to change the comments.php file. This can be found in wp-content/themes/atahualpa/comments.php

There is a line in there that has the following:

if ( post_password_required() ) {
_e('This post is password protected. Enter the password to view comments.','atahualpa');
return;
}

You could try to change the verbiage here. I would make a backup copy of the file first and keep in mind, if you upgrade the theme, you would need to change this verbiage again.