Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Add Bullet To Post Headline

Old Oct 2, 2011, 01:02 AM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Is there an easy way to inert a list-style bullet before the post headline? I was thinking of <ul> before the PHP callout in the loop but I was hoping there's an easier CSS way of doing it.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 03:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you tried just typing a bullet as part of the title text?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 02:46 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
That shows up in the Recent Posts widget and the editor but not the front page excerpt or the full single post.

I suppose I should clarify the purpose here -- I want to stylize the post headline but not have it call as part of the actual title (like in the Recent Posts or next/previous navigation).
Old Oct 3, 2011, 03:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I just tried it - I typed a alt-8 (on my mac) and I get a bullet. It shows up fine in the excerpt and full page post
Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet.png
Views:	772
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1549
Old Oct 3, 2011, 07:01 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Maybe it's just browser-based. I couldn't get the HTML bullet to show up in chrome.

Is there a way to auto-generate it in the index.php? I'm not having luck experimenting with

HTML Code:
		<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>
Old Oct 3, 2011, 07:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try this enter the following in the title of a post - and remove the spaces
& # 1 4 9 ;