Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Automatically adding new pages to page menu bar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 11, 2010, 08:05 AM
oskarfalk

2 posts · Sep 2009
Automatically adding new pages to page menu bar

Okey, so I just updated to Atahualpa 3.5.3 from a much old version. I realised an odd problem with my page menu bar directly. The 3rd level submenus have now stopped popping out to the right but rather popping out downwards, temporarily hiding whatever menu option was their from the 2nd level (following me?).

So this was an odd issue and I honestly couldn't find a setting to change how the submenus popout of the page menu bar... but then I read about the "menu settings" present on this new atahualpa update so tried it out. And voila, the 3rd level submenus started dropping out the old fashioned way again (YEAY!)...

... but now it seems new subpages don't automatically find their way into the menu. I add pages but they don't show in the submenus. I understand that I can go to the menu settings and add new pages manually but that seems like a silly solution. Isn't there some way to automatically add new subpages to the page menu bar when you use the new menu feature?

I found the "automatically add top-level pages to menu" checkbox in menu settings but this doesn't help for submenus. Am I doomed to always add pages twice - both normally and in the menu settings???