Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Atahualpa options not running

Old Feb 3, 2011, 09:07 PM
singularityin

9 posts · Sep 2010
New Delhi, India
Send a message via Skype™ to singularityin
Atahualpa options not running

I have been using Atahualpa 3.5.3 for a long time on my blog http://sanjeev-sharma.com
Yesterday I made some changes in the Configure excerpts options of the theme. It had to do with the fact that I wanted <> tag not stripped. The exact option that I filled in was <script type="text/javascript"> After updating the theme options, I find that:

1. The tags are getting stripped in the sense that in the excerpts the ads are showing which I did not want, and worse
2. The Atahualpa theme options are now not getting selected. What I mean is that when in the Appearance tab on my dashboard I click on the "Atahualpa theme options", I get to see the list of all the Atahualpa theme options, but when I choose anyone of them, nothing happens. The left side lists all the options but the right side is all blank. I have attached a screen shot of the page.

I need help to resolve this.

best regards

Sanjeev
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ATO.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	1121  
Old Feb 3, 2011, 09:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Were there any other changes you made? Have you tried deactivating plugins?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:23 AM
singularityin

9 posts · Sep 2010
New Delhi, India
No, I did not make any changes - no new plugins added or older plugin upgraded. I also deactivated all plugins - result - problem persists.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First, if you read the directions for that option you only enter the html tag, so you should enter
HTML Code:
<script>
not
HTML Code:
 <script type="text/javascript">

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 4, 2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 07:51 AM
singularityin

9 posts · Sep 2010
New Delhi, India
Dear Juggledad,

1. I read the instructions all right, but since I was not getting the desired result by putting the tag <script>, I tried other ways. I did not expect the problem.
2. And I typed in <script type="text/javascript"> and not http://sanjeev-sharma.com

best regards

Sanjeev

Last edited by singularityin; Feb 4, 2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Not needed anymore
Old Feb 4, 2011, 08:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Points taken.
1) test should probably be a test to make sure there isn't more than required in it
2) my mistake in doing a copy/paste, I changed it

3-6 those words were my personal opinions - however I have removed them.

I put the same test in my site and while I get an error I can still see the options, so I would suggest you temporally disable ALL plugins and see if you can get back into the Atahualpa options.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 6, 2011 at 04:04 AM.