Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Permalinks causing Catchable fatal error on image load

Old Aug 24, 2010, 02:32 AM
courtnee

2 posts · Jun 2010
Hello!

First of all, thank you for an amazing theme. I've donated, but like to leave the credit in my footer anyway.

After updating to WP 3.0.1 to attempt to solve this issue, I've run into a problem I haven't been able to research away, like I have quite a few others over the last couple of years I've used Atahualpa. This forum has been a great resource but this time, I think I need to ask for some specific help.

When viewing my blogs posts list, I am able to see thumbnail images for pictures I've uploaded to the "Media" section of Wordpress. When attempting to view a full post containing an image, I get the following error:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in */wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_postinfo.php on line 308

In attempting to solve this, I've figured a few things out.

I can see the image correctly through WP's dashboard theme.

Deactivating all of my plugins does not fix the issue.

Turning permalinks off (back to default) fixes this problem but breaks other things I am unwilling to give up.

Changing themes fixes the problem as well, but this precludes me from using Atahualpa which is also not an option.

I am running 3.5.3, and tried 3.4.9. Reverting to Atahualpa 3.4.4 simply moves the error from line 308 to line 307, which reads:
$category_linked = '<a href="' . get_category_link($all_categories[0]->cat_ID) .

I also use NextGen Gallery for images, however this problem does not seem to effect them. I was having permalink issues with ngg as well, and solved them with the fix described here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/p...e-links-broken

My permalink structure is custom, using /%year%/%post_id% without a trailing / (I tried adding that and it didn't fix the problem). The url that is currently failing, http://neevita.net/2010/9701/photo-0036/, deviates from that structure by having information after the %post_id%, and I'm wondering if that's what's triggering the issue.

Any guidance is appreciated. I've hit the wall of my abilities at this point.

Last edited by courtnee; Aug 24, 2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 04:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
please do an export of your settings (ATO-Export/Import settings) and attach it to a reply (use the paper clip icon)
Old Sep 2, 2010, 02:34 AM
courtnee

2 posts · Jun 2010
Ok, here you are - thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-neevitanet-20100902.txt (20.5 KB, 1762 views)