Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] How to Add Javascript to Post Footer (or Kicker)?

Old Aug 10, 2011, 07:52 AM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
I'd like to put some Javascript ad code in the post footer space. I pasted it in the Multi-Post and Single Post Footer fields on the Post Info Items page.

It doesn't show up.

I'm using Ata 3.6.7, and I've applied the four patches.

Lane
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:12 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I THINK you can add a new widget area to those boxes and then use a widget for the code.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:59 AM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
Thanks, Larry. I don't know if it's possible to add widgets any more. The "Add Widgets" section says you can, and then when I go to the Style Center Column to add the code, there's no place to put it. Instead, there's this message:

Quote:
Where are the 'Content ABOVE Loop', 'The LOOP' etc. options?They are now 'hardcoded' into Atahualpa's <code>index.php</code>. To edit the loop or to add custom code before/after the loop, manually edit <code>index.php</code>.

Since 3.6.5 custom PHP code isn't possible anymore in the Atahualpa Theme Options.
I guess I'll have to cram it into the single.php and so forth.

Later: I found the Quick AdSense plugin will do the job. I'd rather not mark this thread SOLVED in case someone knows an Atahualpa solution.

Lane

Last edited by LaneLester; Aug 10, 2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You can put the widget code in the same place you were trying to put the ad code... I think.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:10 PM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
You can put the widget code in the same place you were trying to put the ad code... I think.
Well, I did try that. I put:
Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Post Footer'); ?>
in the "FOOTER: Single Post Pages" field.

In the "Add Widgets" section is this:
Quote:
Note: After you've added new widget areas, you'll need to reload a front end page 1-2 times before they get created and start appearing on the front end. And you'll need to reload WP->Presentation->Widgets 1-2 times before you can see the new widget areas there and start adding widgets.
I'm not sure what a "front end page" is, but I reloaded the home page a couple of times. I also reloaded the Appearance / Widgets page a few times, but only the sidebar widgets are there.

Lane
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you go to dashboard->appearances->Widgets and see if there was a new widget area and add a widget to it?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I did say "I think" so the widget code may not work there but it looks like you have it figured out.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:54 PM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
did you go to dashboard->appearances->Widgets and see if there was a new widget area and add a widget to it?
I went there, but there was no new widget area. I presume it would be under these, and it would say "Post Footer" since that's what I put in the code:

Quote:
Left Sidebar

Right Sidebar

Left Inner Sidebar

Right Inner Sidebar
Lane
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Well, I just copied teh code you have in post #5, put it in the Footer: Content, went and viewed the front page of my site and now when I go to dashboard->Appearances->widgets I see
Left Sidebar
Right Sidebar
Left Inner Sidebar
Right Inner Sidebar
Post Footer

So it works...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:26 PM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
Quote:
So it works...
I think we have a failure to communicate. I don't want the ad in the footer; I want it in the post footer. That is different from the site footer, isn't it?

But I'm encouraged by your success. Please try putting the code in Post Info Items / FOOTER: Single Post Pages and see if it shows up.

Lane
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Agh, sorry. Nope it won't go there you need to edit index.php and put it in there
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:02 PM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
Quote:
Agh, sorry. Nope it won't go there you need to edit index.php and put it in there
OK, thanks for checking.

The Quick AdSense plugin provides good control of just what kinds of posts and/or pages the ads appear on. It also provides options for where on the page: above/below the post or even inside it.

Lane