Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

How to Add "Notify Me" checkboxes after posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:31 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
How to Add "Notify Me" checkboxes after posts

A friend of ours with a WP.com blog has "Notify me of follow-up comments via email." and "Notify me of new posts via email." checkboxes under the comment/reply area on her single post pages.

My wife says we should have them too! lol

A good example of the friend's blog may be viewed at http://ruitfarm.wordpress.com/2010/0...rsimmon-twist/

After much reading I've figured out how to insert
"%comments-rss('linktext')% - Displays the comment feed link for a post, with linktext as the link text. "
in a post's footer, but NOT the "new posts" signup and definitely not with the checkboxes.

I'm thinking there must be a plugin at work but I can't figure it out. Our friend doesn't know how she's doing it -- she thinks it just came with her theme.

Thanks Jim