Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

[SOLVED] What to do to have athaualpa 333 in other language

Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:55 AM
ahc

38 posts · May 2009
Would please post a step by step tutorial teaching how to "nacionalize" the language? Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2009, 06:23 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Open atahualpa.pot in POEdit (free software that you need to install). In POEdit you'll have a blank text area for each piece of text in the Atahualpa theme that POEdit found. Put your translation into these blank text areas and save the file as i.e. de_DE.po for a German translation.

POEdit will automatically create a de_DE.mo file while you save the de_DE.po file. The .mo version is the file that will be used by Wordpress. To edit your existing de_DE.po file again, edit, save as de_DE.po again. This will create a new de_DE.mo file and overwrite the old one. You can also edit an existing .po file in a text editor. But to create a new .mo file you'd need to open and save it in POEdit.

See also http://urbangiraffe.com/articles/tra...s-and-plugins/

Last edited by Flynn; Jun 9, 2009 at 07:58 AM. Reason: You can also edit an existing .po (NOT .mo) file in a text editor
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:26 PM
ahc

38 posts · May 2009
Thanks a lot, Flynn! for all: the answer and this brillant theme.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:53 PM
ahc

38 posts · May 2009
Flynn, please, confirm: now i have to put these files até the same place where the athualpa.pot is, anda change the wp_config.php in the line relative to the language,isn't it?
Old Jun 7, 2009, 02:54 PM
ahc

38 posts · May 2009
Yes! That is! (see my other thread to follow the saga "the complete localization")