Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Post visited link color

Old Aug 21, 2009, 08:45 PM
dmtompki

22 posts · Jun 2009
Middletown MD
Where would I change the "post visited-link" color. It appears as a nice dull-yellow in firefox, but IE is displaying some awful dark red-purple color that I didn't setup.

-thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2009, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Body, Text & Links
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:10 PM
Sundrop

14 posts · Dec 2009
I think my question is the same or similar to dmtompki's.

I would like the color for links that have been visited (previously clicked) to be a different color from links that have not been visited.

Juggledad suggested trying "Body, Text & Links" but I don't see anything there that clearly helps.

The options I see there are Link Default Color, Link Hover Color, Link Default Decoration, Link Hover Decoration, and Link Text Bold or Not. I see nothing about visited links.

There is a box at the top for CSS for Body Style, but nothing I try there has helped.

BTW, I particularly want the color changed for visited links that are in the bodies of posts. I am less concerned about changing the color for visited links elsewhere on the site (for example, the sidebar).

I would be glad for any help.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Sundrop; Dec 10, 2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old Dec 18, 2009, 09:48 AM
Sundrop

14 posts · Dec 2009
Maybe I am asking in the wrong place??
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
sorry, I think I answered the wrong thread with the right info, or is it the right thread with the wrong info. You could add a CSS Insert
HTML Code:
/* ================================================== */
a:visited {
	background: #yellow !important;
	color: #000000 !important;
}
/* ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ */

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 19, 2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 03:33 PM
Sundrop

14 posts · Dec 2009
Thank you, Juggledad, for your kind answer.

The CSS insert does not seem to work as intended. I couldn't see any difference using the code above.

After fiddling with it a long while, I got some things to look different when I removed the "i" at the beginng of the line and removed the "#" from in front of "#yellow" though the changes were all over the page, not just in the body of the posts.

What is the "i" supposed to do at the beginning of the line? I think we may be close to getting the changes into the body of the posts.

Thank you again.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 04:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Um the 'i' was a fat tingered type. looks like you can have the # with the words 'red', 'yellow' etc in some browsers -- I bet your using IE. If you decide to use the hex code for the color you must use teh # so you could use '#00FFFF' and get a blue.

You are right the CSS Selector, as coded, will effect links all over the page, if you wnt to make it effect only the posts, then you need to make the selector more specific, by using
#middle a:visited { ...
you will only effect the middle colum of teh page, but this will effect any links in the kicker, headline, byline, body and post footer as well.

If you only want to effect the links in the body of the post then you have to code the CSS Selector to be that specifid ie 'div.post-bodycopy a:visited { ...' but...(notice there is always a 'but'.) this will also effect links in a 'page' because a 'page' is just a special 'post'

So if you only want the links in the body of a post and not a 'page' you will need to be very specific and use a CSS Selector like ''body.page div.post-bodycopy a:visited { ...'
Old Dec 22, 2009, 03:56 AM
Sundrop

14 posts · Dec 2009
"div.post-bodycopy a:visited {" seems to work for me at first glance. Posts and pages is what I was looking for. Thank you kindly.

I am not using IE, I am using Firefox. Using the "#" with the color word (like "#yellow" or "#blue") does not work for me. I have to use the word alone without the "#".

Thank you again.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 04:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
using the "div.post-bodycopy a:visited {" makes the CSS selector more refined so it won't effect other areas of the page. The # issue is another case of the great job all the browser are doing to be compliant - I guess there is many way to interpret a 'standard'