Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to provide html link in side bar text widget and center colum

Old Dec 5, 2009, 10:17 PM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
Hi, I am trying to provide a link to download a word form from sidebar text wigget and center colum. when ever I provide the hyperlink to a word doc ( form ) . its saying page not found. on main page click to download the membership form .

http://www.nedalumnicanada.org/update

Pls help.
Thanks.

G.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 6, 2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 02:08 AM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
You are linking to the document properly — the link URL is not correct.

Go to the document's page in your Media Library and make sure you have the correct URL.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 01:41 PM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,
I am trying to provide a link for the Word doc or a pdf file. but its not working.

I can get the url for media only from the media folder. do not think that a word doc and pdf file will have a url in media.

the word doc is placed at this location: http://nedalumnicanada.org/update/wp-content/nedac_membership_form.doc

url in red is the location of wordpress folder. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Pls advise.

Thanks.
G
Old Dec 6, 2009, 01:43 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Your url must be incorrect; I copy+pasted that in my address bar and your document did not load.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 04:12 PM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
Yes, you were right .
Its working now .

Thanks a lot for your help.

G.