Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Creating buttons for the page menu

Old Mar 24, 2009, 04:37 PM
Nourdmrolnmt1

4 posts · Mar 2009
Creating buttons for the page menu

Okay, so i would like to use an image background as a button, for instance view this site...
http://yellowicon.com/

What i have already are the images necessary for the rollover effect, i know that i can specify the image and to load the rollover as well in CSS... what i do not know however, is how i am to create the breaks, and so that the image works as it does on that site... I also will be centering the menu bar, so i will need the actual background image to go behind it all which will be the image, but without the lower highlight...

So, lemme explain in a different way if that wasnt understandable.
As seen in that website, you have the background of the bars and when you rollover they highlight white... In my version however, the buttons will already have a white highlight, and will turn blue on rollover, and if i can get the right php for it, will stay white when visiting that page. Now, i also will want the rest of the page menu to have the base image, without the white highlight behind the actual buttons...

If you need another new explanation, let me know, ill try again...
I have tried the
HTML Code:
ul.rMenu, ul.rMenu li {
background: #123456 url(/images/menubutton.jpg) ;
}
but that creates the one button that gets repeated... My next problem extends from the fact that i would much rather just lay the text over the button, than to put the text on the button, but that is for a later date after I figure this out... any suggestions?
Old Mar 25, 2009, 05:12 PM
Neoavatara

1 posts · Mar 2009
I have a much more basic question: on your menu bar, how do you get the effect of the two colors, the darker and brighter? And how do you make those buttons appear rounded?

I am clearly a novice...
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:02 AM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ssoszka
I'm interested in the answer to BOTH questions. If anyone has any insight, please share!!

Thanks,
Shawn
Old Jan 30, 2012, 03:24 PM
CLB

2 posts · Dec 2011
I have no idea how you get different images for each button or rounded edges, but if you go into Atahualpa's Menu 1 (page menu) section - under the Header Area part of the menu on the left - you can pick the colors. Just click on the rectangle with the color code in it and a color picker pops up.

What I want to know is how to put a tiny graphic between each button.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:50 AM
kangcarew

14 posts · Dec 2011
I would reccomend just adding a "text" widget area under the header and using html and css to design the menu bar however you would like. There are 200 ways you could go with it so I would read up on css or search for "horizontal nav tutorials" to find the way you would prefer to approach it.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 01:03 PM
CLB

2 posts · Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangcarew
I would reccomend just adding a "text" widget area under the header and using html and css to design the menu bar however you would like. There are 200 ways you could go with it so I would read up on css or search for "horizontal nav tutorials" to find the way you would prefer to approach it.

Doy! Why didn't I think of that? Thank you.